Thursday, April 16, 2009

Are You Ready for a Challenge?

Hi there, Earth Agents!

Last week’s Easter Party was very exciting!  I was happy to meet so many of you and I thought your Easter outfits looked great!

rlgl_eggs


This week, I’ve got something BRAND NEW to tell you about!

DEARBannerWoogi World has joined with D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything and Read) to present the first-ever… 

Billion Minute Reading Challenge!!


A billion minutes might seem like a lot, but if every Woogi reads a little bit every day, then together we can reach our goal.  The goal is to read one billion minutes before the end of Summer!


We need your help, Earth Agents!


Here’s what you need to do:

  • Book Read something every day.
    It can be a book or a short story or a poem  or a newspaper or a magazine.  It can be ANYTHING that you want to read!

  • WoogiReader Go to Woogi World after reading.
    After you’ve finished your reading for the day, then log onto Woogi World and go to the Woogi Readers Club.  In the club is a device called the Reading Log.

  • ReadingLogDevice Add your minutes to the Reading Log.
    Click on the Reading Log and enter ALL the minutes that you read that day.  Make sure to do this EVERY DAY after reading!



This is what the Reading Log looks like.  The Reading Log is where you will enter your reading minutes every day:

ReadingLog


When you enter your minutes in the Reading Log, they will automatically be added to everyone else’s minutes.  You can see how many minutes everyone has read by looking at this counter:

ReadingCounter

This counter will be on the Reading Log and in the Woogi World Weekly newspaper.  It’s nice because it will always tell us how close we are to reaching our goal!


BeltsSomething else that’s cool:

Every time that you add minutes in the Reading Log, it helps you advance in the Woogi Readers Club!  You can earn belts and club prizes while you help Woogi World reach its one billion minute goal!


Are YOU ready to be a part of the Billion Minute Reading Challenge?  If you are, What are you going to do to help us reach one billion reading minutes? Talk about it in the Comments section!

Until next time, Earth Agents!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read every day in school because i have D.E.A.R. in my school! Does those minutes count?

Tyant said...

The last post was from Tyant

ula said...

hi!The D.E.A.R reading challenge is cool but i'm not a memeber of the readers club(i have to pay dues and it will make my wallet empty)..so maybe i will just read without taking the challenge..but still sounds exciting can't wait to see our reading goals!yays*cheers*

-ula=D

Anonymous said...

this challenge is greatttttt i am going to read every day i already read everyday so no problem i will just but it in the reading club yahoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

we are going to get more than billion lol !

from: l1479 in woogiwolrd (a fan )

Anonymous said...

I am not a reader though(i don't read) :(

Unknown said...

Wow awesome BigWig! I can't wait to join the readers club so I can help reach the goal, too!

Anonymous said...

Awesome it will be eazy i read for 5 hours a day



greenhorse

Anonymous said...

this is so cool I will start reading right now

fifi3 said...

SIGH . till the end of summer ? I might move to Arizona in like 2 months . And i hate to leave everthing behind.... At least i REALLY REALLY like to read!

Anonymous said...

I am reading every day for the challenge.

Stumpy said...

I will read every day for the billion minute reading challenge. At my school, we have a three million reading challenge.If my school reads three million minutes, my principal will be in a dunk tank and we all get to throw balls at the target. With me and all the other woogies, we'll make it for sure.And I have a question. If Woogi world reads a billion minutes, then will all of the woogies and me all get a special prize?


Stumpy

Anonymous said...

I can't read. Sorry Big Wig, I can't read so I can't help with the challenge.

Sincerely,
Colorados

zerton(woogi name) said...

um how do you finish the chat thing cause i did it and it says i need to finish it

<3 loogioogi <3 said...

I cant remember if i am a member of the readers club or not :S I havent been there for a while but i am definately going to join because i want to take part!!

<3 loogioogi <3

Anonymous said...

I have already counted my minutes twice! -Pippluper

Anonymous said...

I am in the reading club!-Pippluper

Anonymous said...

I normally don't read often, but beacuse of the challenge, I will read a lot!(seriously, I mean a lot!(like a couple thousand minutes)I hope we make it to the goal before summer, and, BigWig, do we get a prize if we do 1 billion minutes?):)

Overworked Teen said...

I didn't know where else to put this message but this was the newest comment so most people look here. *Drum roll* I will never have to put "-Pippluper" in my messages! that's all, but so if you every see a message that says: "-Pippluper" or "SL Syd" that's from me!

Anonymous said...

Yes Iam ready for a challenge!-Pippluper

Anonymous said...

Ula, you seem like you would have
1,000,000,000 watts!

Anonymous said...

on the anonymous thing at the top he said he has dear at his well same for me every day so i will read there then get home and enter it down and sorry but i thought this is the only way to get the message to you so i have a question(not about dear) umm can you right to me on woogi world every day on my bulletin board in my wigwam please? ok that is all bye krisskross

Jade/Blackberries said...

I read wayy more than 60 minutes everyday though :(

Anonymous said...

Hey greenhorse here

So this will be so eazy i read more that 6 hours a day. So this will be eazy as pie.

Anonymous said...

how you get to the counter? i told palace the number of pages i read. luigisocool

gggjhh said...

I joined the reading club for this I really think we're gonna read for a billion minutes.

Anonymous said...

A BILLION I READ MORE THAN THAT A WEEK


EAZY

*greenhorse*

Katerina said...

hi all i'll help to read a one billion minutes. if you see some of my other blogs i'm warming you...I'M NOT SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!

sakura417 said...

I read a lot but i'm in to graphic novels. does that count?

GFHFBG said...

I READ OLMOST THE WHOLE DAY

Ladylee said...

Cool! At first i didnt understand... I thought you had to finish the books in readers club. now i understand lol.. I think its a great idea. am excited for the lab to open.. Keep up the good work!



~Ladylee~ ^_^

sakuraaa said...

i <3 to read

Anonymous said...

i don't no where the reading log is

Megan said...

HEY! ZUP?
I read at least 30 mintues a day and i try to record it in the readers club every day too! (Im an orange belt!)